2021 Make #1 - Striped Knit Self-Drafted Tank

 This is a quick one - a couple of weekends ago I wanted to get started on knocking out some of my languishing in-progress projects, and this knit tank top definitely fell in that category.  I started it a year and a half ago, and it sat there with just the arm and neck bands to go, which I was able to wrap up in an hour.  Funny how often that happens for me!  There are two main reasons why I stalled - 1) I hate putting in knit bands in the round, because they typically end up too short or too long, rarely just right (and it's different for every specific fabric) 2) I couldn't decide which color stripe to use as the bands!


Garment Details:

Pattern - probably self-drafted.  I have about 5 different tank top patterns that I've traced out over the years and I just use them over and over, changing the necklines when I want something different

Fabric - striped knit fabric from Emma One Sock, left over from another tank top




Not a lot else to say about it - I don't think I had quite enough fabric to match the stripes perfectly, so I mirrored it instead (so every other stripe lines up at the side seam), and I really like how that looks.  I originally intended to make the neck- and armbands skinnier, but I liked the look of doing a full stripe folded over.  All in all, a good quick win to start off the year!



Comments

Popular Posts