10x10 Challenge - day 2

Day 2 of the challenge was more on the casual side, as I mostly worked from home and then went out to dinner for a friend's birthday.  I didn't end up taking photos until I got home at night, so excuse the lighting!


Outfit Details:
black cardigan (old/thrifted), Madewell jeans (new/thrifted), Born tall flat boots (old/online), J.Crew white cami (new/online)

Initial Thoughts:
This is the level of comfy vs. stylish that I like for at home/errand days.  Too often I fall into the tee and jeans rut, and I like that the cardigan has a bit more detail to it with the twisted button band and tie at the bottom.  While I love my tall boots with black pants, I'm not as crazy about them with jeans any more (this used to be my staple winter look).

Style Notes:
I tried multiple things with this outfit (before I went out, not for just hanging out at home), but I really just liked it on the plainer side.  My main ideas were adding a scarf (which I didn't like how much it covered up the neckline) and a long necklace (again, it looked wierd with the neckline), so I just added some large silver hoops and called it a day.

Comments

Popular Posts