10x10 challenge - day 5

Life has gotten a little crazy the past few days, and I haven't had time to document my 10x10 challenge, but I've been keeping up with it!  Day 5 was last Friday, and it was another office day for me.


Outfit Details:
Uniqlo black turtleneck (new/in store), wool long vest (old, me made), Uniqlo black skinny pants (new/in store), Born tall boots (old/online), long silver beaded necklace (old/Filene's Basement - RIP my bargain hunting ground)

Initial Thoughts:
I like this outfit a lot, although the back view photo lets me know I should probably iron a bit more. :)  This vest is the only me-made item in my 10 items, which leads me to another conclusion, which is that I tend to sew bright and colorful and patternful things, because I'm a magpie and attracted to all the flashy fabrics, but at least when I'm trying to operate on a mix and match basis, I tend to stick to more neutrals and solids.  In terms of me-made items in my closet overall, this one has probably lasted about the longest as well, since I looked back and it turns out I made it four years ago.

Style Notes:
I made this vest using a jacket pattern, but I initially mostly wore it as a dress, by belting it.  I like that it's versatile, but I do think it works better as a vest.  I'm planning on wearing it as a dress later this week, so you'll see what I mean.  I also tend to stay away from longer tops, but I think this works because it's open in the front, and therefore you can see my body and it's not super overwhelming.  The long necklace works well with the overall vibe too, I think.

Funny side note - since I posted that I was unhappy with my hair, it has been behaving properly and I'm ok with it again.  We'll see how long this lasts, but when it's short, it changes character about weekly.

Comments

Popular Posts