10x10 challenge - day 6

I'm slowly coming out of my busy last couple of days, and catching up on the rest of my life.  I took a break on Saturday from the 10x10 challenge because I was prepping my dining room for painting, and didn't change out of work clothes all day.  I picked back up with day 6 on Sunday, which was church and then home to change back into work clothes and actually paint, so I didn't wear this outfit long, but I wanted to see how I could mix up this top into a new outfit.


Outfit Details:
Free People sleeveless tunic (new/thrifted), black cardigan (old/thrifted), Madewell jeans (new/thrifted),  J.Crew black cami (new/online), Superga sneakers (old/online?)

Initial Thoughts:
This one was not a winner for me, as I felt a little silly.  It was a combination of things - I'm not a huge fan of the dress over jeans look, and I thought the tunic shirt worked better over the black skinny pants.  I also had to knot up the ties at the bottom of the cardigan, because they were really long otherwise, and they were still a bit long for my tastes.  Another thing to note is that I switched out a shoe option - previously I had a pair of brown booties in the mix, but I hadn't worn them yet, and didn't see many opportunities going forward, so I switched them out for my black sneakers.

Style Notes:
I tried, I really did!  I unbuttoned my cardigan (worn on day 2 buttoned-up), I unbuttoned the shirt more, I rolled my jeans (not gonna lie, they've been rolled the whole time, I probably should unroll them!), and I casualified things with the sneakers.  Maybe it's just too many things at once and trying to hard?  One style piece that I didn't like was the length of the cardigan with the tunic.  I thought the shorter blazer from day 3 just hit at a better spot.

Comments

Popular Posts