I had just done some minor alterations to my never-blogged Sallie jumpsuit (adjusted the waist elastic and rehemmed), and realized that the pattern would work perfectly with the fabric. Unfortunately, when I was figuring out the fabric layout, I made a stupid mistake, and they ended up shorter than I wanted, so after I finished them, I decided to just cut them off into long shorts. They are a little more sporty looking than I was originally going for that way, but they needed to be about 6-9" longer than I originally cut them out to work properly.
Other pattern adjustments - obviously I left off the top. :) I am always fiddling a bit with the rise on my jumpsuit version, which is weird since I'm short, but I wanted to have a lower rise on the shorts. My initial plan was just to shorten the rise and add an elastic waistband casing on top, to preserve the pockets. They were still a little too high of a rise though, because I didn't want to mess with the pockets too much, so I ended up doing an interior facing for the elastic, which worked out very well. I could have done with a touch more room through the hips though, as my fabric wasn't quite as stretchy as the pattern called for, so the pockets are a bit smushed. I may eventually take them out. All in all though, a good addition to my summer wardrobe!
And while not directly sewing related, I do want to share a few photos from my day on Saturday. We went to Innisfree Garden in New York, and it was so lovely!