Week 1 of Me Made May 2020!

Every year I sort of participate in Me Made May, which is a challenge of sorts for sewists to break out their me made garments and share what they wore.  Different people get different things out of it and have different focuses (foci?), but this year I'm not really putting any big pressure on it, just going to try and wear mostly me made garments and decide how I feel about them (a lot of my me mades languish in the back of my closet, because they aren't QUITE right).  The first week went pretty well, and I lasted 6 days before taking a break and not wearing any handmades, so we'll see if I can keep it up!

Day 1:  Work from home, basically just like every other day

 

Marilla Walker Mercury Collection top (hacked into a tank top)

Day 2:  Ventured out into the world for the first time in a while.  Headed to a garden center to stock up on plants and popped over to my gym to pick up a tank top.  Realized wearing a dress to garden in was silly, so changed into a me-made tank top and jean shorts when I got home.

 
Deer and Doe Plantain tee (hacked into a dress), me-made mask, and self-drafted tank top

Day 3: Went for a 10 mile run (since I was supposed to be running the Broad Street race today) and was really tired afterwards, so didn't do a whole lot on this beautiful Sunday (besides run 10 miles that is).

Gathered sides tank top, probably based on the Plantain tee but don't remember

Day 4:  Breaking out of my comfort zone on a WFH day to wear a dress!  I'm not much of a dress-wearer, but it is an easy way to get dressed, and I do love this one.  It was cold in the evening when I took Eddie the dog for a walk, so I threw on a pair of jeans and a sweater.  A little weird, but I figure that I have pink hair now, so I can wear whatever I want!

 
Dress started from the Grainline Studio Willow Tank Dress, but I added two ruffle tiers (and adjusted the dart to fit perfectly - I'm proud of that one)

Day 5:  Another day at home (but also Cinco De Mayo).  This top was an attempt to save a dress that I wasn't crazy about.  I'm not sure if I'm crazy about the top either, but it's better than the dress!


Day 6:  It was chilly, and I weirdly don't have a lot of cold-weather me mades (or maybe I put them away already).  While not something I would consider my typical style, I do love my thai silk jacket, and it is cozy!  I love to dress it down with a graphic tee.




Comments

Popular Posts