Items completed in January:
I wasn't quite as productive as I was hoping in January, but I did get two things completed from start to finish (both sort of from my Fall sewing plans). These were:
While I always get distracted by the shiny new projects, another resolution of mine is to take care of the clothes I already have (whether or not I made them). They are usually quick fixes, but they sit in my repair pile for way too long. I'm going to try to make them a top priority every month.
- Free People orange/pink voile tunic - need to hem. I bought it recently second-hand, and it has an intentional raw hem. I wore it as is a few times, but it drives me crazy, and I'll be a lot happier with it hemmed.
- Marine Layer eye tee - I bought this tee this past summer and it just makes me happy (although it creeps John out). I had an accident while dealing with picking up a barking dog while answering the door with not-quite dry nail polish, so there is a magenta stain right at the neckline. I think I can get away with cutting the neckline a bit deeper and rescue it, so we'll see how that goes!
- Me-made geometric toaster - yes, this is the same item from my completed list! It's wearable as is, but I didn't hem the sleeves, and I think I'll be a lot happier if I add cuffs.
February Sewing Priorities (both in-progress and not started):
I'm going to try to keep this list short, so I can actually accomplish it! I know it makes the most sense to keep it to in-progress items only, but I do have a project on the list for an event later this month which I haven't started yet.
- Clay linen Hemlock tee - I've got this one about half done, so it will be a quick win to finish it up, as well as adds to my inventory of dress-up/dress-down tops that is a need right now.
- Beige/black Dove blouse - This is the last hold-out from my Fall sewing plans! It's been cut out since September, so I really need to just suck it up and sew it finally.
- Embroidered pillow covers (2) - I started doing this embroidery in January, but lost steam. I would love to pick this back up and finish at least one pillow.
- Not Started:
- Polka-dots/floral top and skirt - This isn't started at all, but this is the outfit for later this month. Unfortunately I have a very limited amount of material, and have a drawing of what I want, but no pattern, so we'll see how this goes. It could be amazing, or a complete flop.
Sewing Holding Pen:
- Pink floral tee - need to hem and add cuffs. This could probably go into the repair category, as it's essentially wearable at the moment, but I haven't worn it yet, so we'll call it in-progress.
- Ivory Toaster #1 sweater - all cut out, should be a quick sew.
- Oscar De La Renta silk tank - currently mostly sewn up as a blouse, but the sleeves are super poofy. I want to take the sleeves off and turn it into a tank.
- Poppy silk kimono - Not a fan of the fit, so want to turn it into a tank, maybe an Odgen?
- Ivory silky tank - cut out and started sewing. Need to find facing materials.
- Grey linen throw quilt - loose collection of ideas that needs to come together.
- Clay linen capris - cut out, but on hold until warmer weather
- Tote for mom - won't see her until the spring, so low on the priority list.
- 4 placemats - all cut out, but don't need them right now, so low on the list
- Turquoise striped Galleria culottes - cut out and started sewing, but lost steam. On hold until warmer months.
- Purple/red Sallie jumpsuit - same as above.
- Not Started:
- Pink floral bra/panties - This (plus the next few on the list) are the result of me getting inspired to up my me-made undie game. I pulled together a selection of suitable fabrics (and ordered some necessary elastics), so I'll be playing around with these as I have time.
- Nude bra/panties
- Black bra/panties
- Clay linen pillow cover - I had just enough left over after I cut out my Hemlock tee and capris to make the the front of a pillow cover, which will go nicely with my embroidered covers.
Whew, there you have it! Maybe now it's all down for posterity I will stick with it! How about you, do you have any big sewing plans, or do you like to just wing it?