Back in the Sewing Studio

It's been a little while since I've been able to devote most of a Saturday to sewing, but I was finally able to do so last weekend!  I finished up four different projects (most of them were just about complete), in an effort to actually clean up my in-progress list, and of course to finish something up in time to wear for Easter!  That is for another post though - today's outfit incorporates a simple dress to skirt conversion.  I've had this dress for quite a while, but hadn't worn it in quite a while, and thought I would enjoy it better as a skirt.  I cut the top half off probably about a year ago, and it had been relegated to the clothing rack where projects go to die.  I rescued it though, and added a simple elastic waistband, done by serging the skirt to the lining fabric, flipping it over to the inside and sewing it down with the elastic inside.  I initially tried serging the elastic directly to the skirt, but that didn't work out so well.  Super simple fix, and now I have a cute, springy skirt!





Comments

Popular Posts