Fall Sewing - Floral Pencil Dress

A few weeks ago I started this dress, which was a super quick sew.  I "drafted" the pattern (I always hesitate on such a simple thing, but I did do it from scratch), which was just a simple knit tank pencil dress with contrasting neck and arm bands.


It was complete except for the hem, and Saturday morning I quickly finished that up so I could wear it to a bridal shower that afternoon!  The body was all sewn up using my serger, but I just did a zigzag stitch for the hem.  Someday I'll get a coverstitch machine, but for now, that's my preferred knit hem method (I don't like fussing with a double-needle, even though it looks better).  

 

The best kind of sewing - quick and easy, but looks fabulous!  Eddie always likes to photo bomb, so of course I have to add one in with him.  Also, I really should wear 5" heels more often - check out my calf definition!



Comments

Popular Posts