A skirt throughout the years

I made this tweed skirt 3 years ago, and I love it still!  It doesn't get a ton of wear these days, which is why I wanted to include it in my fall 10x10, to mix things up a bit and revive it a bit.  Let's just say I struggled this morning though, in what to wear with it.  I originally had it all planned out to wear it with my white tee and orange sweater, but the three pieces together looked awful (totally wrong proportions).  I instead switched the tops out for a green cami and the same cardigan in black and liked it better, but it still isn't great.  I took a look back at a few photos from when I previously wore it, and fun fact, I used to dress up so much more!  It's crazy to look back at my wardrobe from just a few years ago.  Going from daily trips to the office to weekly (if that) has really done a number on dumbing down my wardrobe.

Today's struggle (I went with the open cardigan, but still not happy with it):

 

Basically the one thing I do love about this outfit is the color palette.  The tweed skirt screams fall to me, but I can have my comfortable black as a neutral, and moss green, which is turning into one of my favorites.  I am not a fan of the proportions though - the shoes cut off my legs horribly, and the cardigan is baggy in the wrong places and too cropped for my liking.  As many times as I have to go through this, I should finally just admit I don't like cropped, shapeless cardigans!

A few oldies from 2014 (apparently I really like to wear this skirt with green):
 



Comments

Popular Posts