Fabric Leftovers - A New Ogden Cami


Last summer I finally got around to using a great fabric I purchased years ago from Britex Fabric, which started out as capris and ended up as shorts.  I liked them, but they were a tad tight through the hips, and weren't really my style (not so much into bermuda shorts), so I ended up selling them at my yard sale a few weeks ago, to someone who noticed that I had made them (I was selling a bunch of my stash as well, so it was pretty obvious I was a sewist), and I was happy to pass them along to someone who would appreciate them!  

I still loved the fabric though, and I had just enough that I could barely squeeze out an Ogden cami, which I definitely will wear!  I made a few changes, partially based on my fabric availability, and partially personal preference.


The first (and most obvious) change was that I flatted out the scooped neckline, eliminated the facing, and used bias tape for neckline/straps.  I used the bias tape and eliminated the facing because I didn't have enough fabric, and I flatted out the neckline both for personal preference, and to make it easier to sew on the bias tape.  I just kinda eyeballed the curve until I got it so I liked it - a lot of my sewing is just winging it. :)  The original pattern is also swingier at the bottom, but I straightened it out a bit so I could fit both the front and back on my leftover fabric.



A quick sew using up scraps that I will actually wear is a triple win, in my book!  Also, sidenote, these are the last photos of my hair before I got it all chopped off! 

Comments

Popular Posts