Imitation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery

I've got the bug to keep documenting my old sewing makes, so here goes!  Back in March, I went to the Philadelphia Flower Show, which I've been to several times, and it's awesome, you should go if you get the chance.  Anyway, while I was there, I saw a woman wearing a black and white striped knit long-sleeve dress with a puffy vest over it, and I thought it was super cute.  The next day, I made my own! 

Pattern:  Deer and Doe Plantain Tee
Pattern Hacks:  Lengthened to dress, and bound the neckline on the inside for a cleaner finish than a band.
Fabric:  light-weight 4-way stretch ponte from Emma One Sock, which is still available here!  I highly recommend it. 

I used one of my TNT patterns, which I've used a bazillion times, and it came together super fast.  Nothing too exciting here, but I was super happy to recreate a look that I loved (but didn't get a picture of).





Comments

Popular Posts