Getting back into it

Back in February I was in a bit of a sewing slump, and just needed to get a project done - you ever get in that place?  I planned out an outfit that would be a black/cream striped tie-front tank that I had been thinking about for a while, with some cream pants to match. 

I started with the pants, which I wanted to be based on my TNT pull-on pants pattern, the True Bias Emerson pants, but I wanted them to be a bit narrower, so I overlaid them with the True Bias Hudson pants, and kinda eyeballed in between them.


I attempted to add back pockets, but when I tried them on, they were in a weird location, so I just left them off in the end.

Before I added the waistband, I tried them on and wasn't super into them.  Instead of being straight-leg pants, they seemed to be just a tad too big.  I hemmed and hawed, and decided that adding the waistband would make them look better. 





After I finished the pants waistband, I quickly whipped up the tank top (which had been sitting cut out on my shelf for several months).  I used again a TNT pattern, the Deer and Doe Plantain tee, with a modification that I had done a few times already - added a center front seam and really long ties.  It doesn't look too bad in the picture, but the neckband and armbands were a little wonky and it was also a bit big (the ribbed knit stretched a lot more than I thought it would).




Overall, I managed to sew a complete outfit and get a bit of my sewjo back, but I wasn't super happy with either piece.  I wore them both to church the next day, and managed to spill communion wine on my pants during clean-up - oops!  Luckily I wasn't too sad.


Comments

Popular Posts