Shorts in Time for Fall

Due to the foibles of American Airlines, we ended up spending a day at home before taking off on our vacation to Guatemala, and since I had already taken the vacation day, I spent most of the day up in my sewing room, making a pair of shorts.  

The pattern is the free City Gym Shorts from Purl Bee.  I have been thinking about making these for quite a while now, but didn't have coordinating fabric for the bias tape.  I had bought a couple of fat quarters from JoAnn's a little while ago, hoping one of them would match, and I like how the patterns look together.  The only change I made to the pattern was to lengthen them about an inch.  They do look like pajama pants, but I've worn them in public



The main fabric was from the remnant bin, but is some kind of slightly textured cotton.  



It was a quick sew, with the most time-consuming piece making the bias tape (using this tutorial), and then oh so carefully pinning it on and sewing it.  I'll definitely be making these again!


Comments

Popular Posts