Tuesday, September 15, 2015

A Wild Top

I usually try to mix up my posts a bit, but I've been pretty productive on the sewing side the past few weeks, so here's another me made garment!  You may recall my failed Rosie Top from early this year, which did indeed end up on the Goodwill pile.  I still really liked the cheetah print twill fabric though, so I bought it again at JoAnn's, and tried another style.  This was a bit of a cobbled together pattern, but overall, it worked in the end.

 


I started with the Burdastyle cropped top pattern I used to make my African wax print top, with a few modifications.  I lengthened it a bit more than the last time, and sewed the back up, as well as took in the sides a bit, based on how my previous version fit.  It stalled on the back burner for a while because my serger has been acting up and I wasn't able to serge the edge of the sleeve pieces.  I decided instead to just leave off the sleeves, and I like the way it turned out quite a bit.  I finished both the neckline and the armholes with bias tape.  

It's not the most flattering shape ever, but I think it's fun and is comfy.  I really like the unusually shaped darts, which give some shape, but not in a fitted way.

No comments: