Keeping things rolling

So I had mentioned a while ago that I had a couple of things completed/half-completed on my fall sewing plans, but I haven't had the time to take photos or blog about them.  Life is a little crazy at the moment, but one of my stress-relief techniques is to fit in time to sew, as I find it soothing to physically create something.  It's been nice to have a plan of sorts to follow, as I don't have to individually plan each project and can just get straight to the sewing!

With all that said, here is one of my creations.  I had originally planned on sewing up this fabulous black/white striped linen from Mood in a loose turtleneck sweater thing from Burda, as shown below:

  

I had it mostly sewn together, and decided it was horrible.  It really just was not flattering, so I took it almost entirely apart and started over on Saturday.  I kept whittling away at it, and ended up with a sleeveless top with a very small mock turtleneck (?).  Unfortunately I don't really remember much of what I ended up doing, as it was a very organic process (as in I had no idea what I was doing), I also managed to break all my serger needles (4 of them), so the insides aren't finished the nicest, but I did zig-zag the seam allowances, as it will probably be a frayer.  I wasn't sure about it at first, but I do think I like it after all.

 






Comments

Popular Posts