Back in Business!

And I'm back!  It's been an insane couple of weeks - I've been super busy at work, not to mention moving several states away and a "vacation" in the mix.  Unfortunately my vacation didn't turn out to be the restful vacation I needed, and instead I worked at least a few hours every day but one.  Boo.  So I'm still stressed and overworked, but that's beside the point.  I am now officially a New Jerseyian (?) and working in the big city, in downtown Philly.  Due to the insanity of my schedule, I haven't really had time to meet anyone or absorb anything going on, but I have noticed that people dress up a lot more, at least compared to my little world back in Arlington.  I am pretty much the only woman who wears pants in the office, and I definitely feel I need to step up my game now.  But until I actually get settled and my dressing room (aka spare bedroom) set up, my usual uniform of pseudo professional will have to do.

     

You may also notice that I am not wearing my usual black sandals here, but rest assured, these are not the actual replacements.  I finally decided my old sandals had had it, so I found these for $10 on clearance as a stop gap.  I normally don't like to do that, but let's just say the old ones had a certain odor that wasn't exactly endearing, so it was necessary.

What I wore:
  • red cardigan
  • black tank
  • black skinny ankle pants
  • black slide sandals
  • silver flat hoops
  • silver chunky twist ring
  • black/silver watch
Where I went:
  • work
How I felt:
  • comfy, but a little bit underdressed (mostly due to all the skirts and dresses of my colleagues)
What would have made it better:
  • Still on the lookout for the perfect black sandals
Rating:  
  • 8

Comments

Popular Posts