Fair Isle Leggings

I bought this sweater knit/fleece-lined fair isle fabric back in November at JoAnns, envisioning an awesome pair of leggings.  I wavered, thinking, where in the world will I ever wear such a thing, and almost gave up and made a sweatshirt instead.  But then I realized that I work from home a fair amount, and they would be perfect home apparel, so here we go!  I am a little short on tops that both match and cover my bum, but I'll work on that one later.

This was a super simple project, even accounting for the fact I had to reprint and tape together the pattern, I think it took me about 20 minutes, a half hour tops.  I used the Burda Style Carol pattern, which is just a single piece for each leg and an encased elastic waistband.  The fabric isn't quite as stretchy as it should have been for the pattern (think more like sweatpants), but I can still squeeze them on. :)  I haven't hemmed them yet, as I actually like the way they look rolled up a bit, but I might get around to it eventually, if they don't wear well.  What do you think - are they too crazy?


 


Comments

Popular Posts