Summer 10x10 Challenge - day 2 & new Summer top!

You may have noticed I've fallen off the bandwagon on documenting my summer 10x10 challenge, and spoiler alert, I kinda fell off in real life too.  There was a lot going on with life, including a stressful weekend which had a canceled trip to go to a funeral, so I'm giving myself a bit of a pass on that one.  

Day 2 was another work from home/errands day, so I broke out the top I rushed to sew up and my favorite distressed jeans.  John claims I'm too old for them, but I just think it's smart to have ventilation when it's hot outside!  I also recently got the plastic Birkenstock sandals and I'm in love.  They are like a slightly fancier version of flip flops, and super comfy.  


Details on the top!  I've had this light-weight seersucker for at least a year or two and I kept changing my mind what I wanted to make with it.  I came across this picture on Pinterest, and decided it was perfect:


I didn't notice until I was underway that it's actually a picture of a baby dress - oh well!  I think it turned out pretty cute.  I completely winged the pattern by starting with the bib portion, which was doubled up with the fold along the top, and then gathered a trapezoid for the bottom front.  I basically did the same total shape for the back, just extended to account for the front wrap-around.  Totally clear, right?  I enclosed the gathered seam in the two layers of the bib and french seamed the sides, so the insides are all pretty.  Add some bias tape to finish the armholes and straps, and voila!  It does stretch out a bit as I wear it, so I may end up shortening the straps, but all in all, a successful make!








Comments

Popular Posts