Mixing it up a bit - 7/23/15

So after deciding last night that I didn't like my yellow sandals any more, I wanted to wear a new shirt that matched them perfectly, so here they are again.  I know it's not the most flattering color and not everybody likes it, but it just makes me happy!  The fact that it's a linen tee also makes me happy - I love linen tees so much.  They are so much cooler than a regular tee and a bit dressier, but still have that comfort and ease level.

I hesitated over just pulling out navy or black pants today, but figured, why not pair putrid yellow with putrid green?  Now that I look at the pictures, I think I probably would have been better off with navy, but I like to mix things up a bit.

I also broke out a necklace that has been lingering in my closet for a while now, unworn.  It's a bit intimidating to me, and I just haven't been able to figure out how to wear it, but I think simple everything else is the way to go.

 



Comments

Susan Ashworth said…
So tell me about linen tees. The only linen I have is a linen-rayon blend woven fabric, and I find it a little prickly. Any of that with the tees?
Laura said…
I try to get 100% linen, because I find it typically is a little nicer feeling, but it will never be as soft as a regular knit tee. That said, quality does matter a lot, and a high quality linen won't be scratchy, just a slightly different texture than a regular knit. I ordered this one online, but I would recommend feeling them in person, just to make sure it's not going to be scratchy. This is the one I got:

http://www.loft.com/linen-cap-tee/334777?skuId=18469219&defaultColor=&colorExplode=false&catid=

Popular Posts