Other random me-mades

This is a bit of a catch-all post.  While out at our cabin last weekend, I made sure to get photographic evidence of all the random things I've made over the past year or so that never quite made it on the blog.  Up first is the most recent, a little mini skirt I whipped up a month or two ago with a tiny remnant of some stretchy fabric I bought at from the bargain table at my old Falls Church fabric staple, G Street Fabrics.  The seams are a bit wobbly, so I'm not super happy about it, but it's not bad for eeking out every little bit of fabric possible.

 

The second one is from last summer, and also is fabric from G Street.  This was actually probably one of the most expensive fabrics I've ever purchased, but I had a groupon and I wanted to go big.  It's a beautiful silk chiffon, and I luckily found a matching solid remnant for lining.  Despite the fact that it was expensive fabric, I unwisely decided to wing it, and cut out the pieces too skinny, so there are side panels, as you can see in the middle photo.  Besides that, it was pretty straightforward, with two layers and pre-made bias tape for the straps. 




The last item is also from last summer, and is a pair of drawstring shorts that had a bit of a history.  I purchased this fabric from my old favorite DC fabric store, Exquisite fabrics, back when they were still within walking distance of my apartment.  I had purchased two fabrics for possibilities for making curtains for my pink bathroom, and I ended up going with the other one.  I've made a few tote bags with the fabric, and I started making a bubble skirt.  I wasn't happy with it, so I salvaged the fabric and turned them into shorts.  I didn't use a pattern, so they started out as approximately an XXXXL size, which I slowly whittled down to their current state.  

 

Comments

Popular Posts