Purple and Black - 7/23/14

 

One of my basic formulas for getting dressed quickly in the morning is picking out a pair of colored pants, adding one of my many black shirts, and my black cardigan.  Not super creative, but good for a Wednesday.




What I wore:
  • black stencil tank
  • black silk cardigan
  • purple capris
  • black strappy sandals
  • silver flat hoops
  • black/silver watch
  • smoky quartz ring
Where I went:
  • work
How I felt:
  • professional and a bit edgy
What would have made it better:
  • I love these capri pants - they are a sturdy material that holds up really well throughout the day, but they do not have front pockets or belt loops.  In the future, I need to make sure pants have they key things, because it drives me crazy.  I could live without the pockets, but belt loops are essential.
  • Not really a made it better item, but interesting tidbit about this shirt - I bought it on non-returnable clearance, and it was a bit big.  The care instructions say dry clean or hand wash or something along those lines, so I just did my usual trick of washing it in warm water.  This sometimes ends in disaster, but in this case it did the trick and it fits perfectly now.
Rating:  
  • 9

Comments

Popular Posts