Amping up the basics

For all of my work-life (going on a decade now), some form of black loafers has been my staple shoe, which I wear almost every day.  I'm a transit girl through and through, so I end up walking a bit, and I refuse to wear sneakers on my commute, so I try to meld comfort and style.  I was perusing my Sartorialist books for inspiration a little while ago, and fell in love with these shoes:


 They look comfortable, but quirky, just what I was looking for.  I looked around at all my usual shopping spots (DSW, Zappos, etc), but wasn't able to find anything.  I was looking on Amazon for something else, and I thought, what the heck, and lo and behold, I find basically the exact same shoes!
They are super comfortable, and a great purchase.  I do wish they were a tad bit more narrow, but that's just a minor quibble.  What do you think?


Comments

Popular Posts