Welcome to the closet in my head

I love lists and data and all things quantitative - it's the engineer in me.  For 2 years now, I've kept a spreadsheet where I list my daily outfits and keep track of how often I wear pieces of clothing.  I've been slowly working on refining my style, and I'm getting to a place where I have very few items I don't wear frequently.  I recently read a blog post on Recovering Shopaholic that motivated me to to step up my game, and keep an outfit journal instead, to capture even more information.  The information she recommends collecting include:
  • A list of the items I wore, including clothing, shoes, and accessories.
  • Where I went in the outfit and what I did there.
  • How I felt in the ensemble.  Did I feel like myself? True to my style? Was I comfortable physically?  Emotionally?  I may not address all of these issues every single day, but I try to capture how I felt as succinctly but comprehensively as possible.
  • What would have made the outfit better?  Perhaps different shoes, alternate accessories, or switching out one of the included garments.
  • A rating of the outfit on a scale of 1-10.
I'm not sure if I'll be diligent about taking photos, especially since my house is a major packing zone at the moment, but I will definitely try to keep up on all the other info.  Welcome to my style journey!  

Comments

Popular Posts