Teal Wool Jumper

As part of my teal/turquoise mix-and-match wardrobe from my fall sewing plans, I planned this wool jumper.  I was inspired by the general mod, 60s vibe of this dress from one of my favorites, Boden:


I had saved the free Simply Shift dress pattern from Grosgrain a while back, and thought it was a good start.  I left off the sleeves and the lining, and lowered the neck a bit, as I wanted to wear it with my blue tie-dye blouse and wanted to show off the pattern a bit.


I used a delightfully squishy wool/viscose knit blend from Emma One Sock, which is still available, here.  It was pretty straightforward to sew it together, but there are a few tweaks that I wish I would have done.  My waist seam is too low, and it looks a bit unbalanced, I think, and I should have made it closer-fitting.  I could technically still do the last tweak, so we'll see if I get around to it at some point.  Overall, it came out OK, but I'm not sure how much actual wear it will get.  We'll see!







Comments

Popular Posts