Pillow Talk

I have a long list of sewing projects that I need to actually take photos of, so today's post is going to be short and sweet.  I'm typically a pretty selfish sewist, making clothes for myself.  It took about 6 months for me to actually hem a pair of John's pants. :)  Occasionally I do a project for around the house, but they are definitely not my favorite.  Case in point, that time I spent hours ironing and hemming miles and miles of muslin to make curtains for our "summer house", which then proceeded to get disgusting over the course of a year and a half, and are now sitting in a heap in our basement:


While also not thrilling, pillow covers are at least a quick project, and can mix things up a bit.  Our couch throw pillows started out with some Thai silk and a scrap of leopard print:


For Christmas this past year, I thought I would put some red quilted cotton to good use, and made a couple of matching pillow covers:



It literally took me 45 minutes to make the two pillows covers - less time than going to the store and picking them out, probably!  I put in zippers, but even the most beginning sewist could make an envelope back cover.



Comments

Popular Posts