A cape refashioning

I typically hate surprises, mostly ones that I know are coming, but I don't know what it is.  That said, I love any kind of sample box.  I've done Birchbox, Ipsy, Glossy Box, a couple different Amazon boxes, This is Ground, and Rachel Zoe's Box of Style.  Back in the fall Box of Style, I got this amazingly soft cape/poncho thing, but I just couldn't quite make it work (hint - John kept calling me Cruela DeVille).


My immediate thought was that it was basically two large rectangles of fabric, so I stuffed it on the shelves in my sewing room and left it alone for a while.  I finally got around to it this week, and made a simple color blocked 3/4-sleeve tee.  I used the Grainline Studio Hemlock tee pattern.

 

It was a simple and straightforward top to sew up.  The only thing that I was careful about was to line up the color-block line with the armholes.  It's hard to see here, but if I hold my arms out to the side, there is an unbroken line of the white, which was my goal.  All in all, I now have a very wearable garment that was a quick refashion!





Comments

STAshworth said…
You are brilliant! Isn't it satisfying to rework something?
McLaura said…
Thanks, Susan! It really comes from my thrifty nature - I hate to get rid of anything! :)

Popular Posts