Stay at Home Kinda Day - 1/14/15

I worked from home yesterday, so went much more casual and comfy - nothing too exciting, except for my new scarf!  Back in November I mused about learning how to knit so I could make this scarf:


Being too cheap to spend the $99 on the yarn kit, I made up my own selection from JoAnn's, and spent a month and a half working away, getting about 3/4 of the way done before realizing I hated it.  Mainly because my yellow and pale pink yarns were different from the other three colors (much fluffier), and threw it all off.  I then unraveled the whole thing and started my own version, which is what is below, just using the coral/red and magenta.  My takeaway - knitting sucks.  It takes forever compared to crocheting, but that might just be due to my many more years crocheting.  I do have another knitting project on the back-burner though, so I will give it one more go.

Without further ado, I give you my scarf:





Comments

Susan Ashworth said…
LOVE IT! Your version is so much prettier than the original with yellow and pale pink. It looks great with your sweater.
Laura said…
Thanks so much! I liked the idea of all the different colors, but when it came to seeing it in person, it was just a little too much, I think. I'm pretty happy with how my version came out.

Popular Posts