Oooh, Pretty...

I find that most people (if they are so inclined to make things out of yarn) are either crochet people or knitting people, but not usually both.  If Totables is any indication, I'm a crochet girl, but every now and then I think about becoming ambifiberous (like ambidextrous, but just for yarn :) ).  My few forays into the knitting world haven't been too successful, so I've tended to stick with what I know.  But today I came across this beautiful cowl on Purl Bee, and now I want to knit.  Obviously, it would not be difficult to crochet it instead, but I love the texture of the knitting.


(photos: The Purl Bee)

The colors are oh so pretty, and fit nicely with my color palette.  Now I just need to decide if it's worth $99 for the yarn plus learning how to knit plus the time it will take me to knit it (I'm guessing all winter).  Hmmm...

Comments

Susan Ashworth said…
$99 for the yarn?! What, are there gold threads in it?
Laura said…
Yeah, really! Yarn from somewhere other than JoAnn's or Michael's can make it an expensive hobby real quick, but that seems particularly pricey. I'm looking around for other options. :)

Popular Posts