Spring 10x10 Challenge: days 6, 7, and 8

Day 6 was last Friday, which was working from home for a half day, sewing a bit, and a Good Friday service at my church.


This shirt is one of my me-mades, which I whipped up before our anniversary last year, and ended up not wearing.  In the quick sewing process though, I ended up hemming it by hand in the car, and it is longer than I would typically do (I initially was going to make it a dress, but it was too lightweight).  I never got around to rehemming it though, and I typically just do a front tuck.  This time though I wanted to try something different and wear it as a tunic, and I like it quite a bit.

Day 7 was Saturday and was spent delivering meals for Easter Outreach, so I went for a simple favorite outfit.


These two pieces are literally two of my favorite things to wear - a black and white striped tee from Boden and the Madewell jeans that turned me onto the brand.  I wore my black leather espadrille sneakers out and about, but most of the time at home I just go barefoot.

I took the day off on Easter Sunday, because I've always worn a special Easter outfit since I was a little kid. :)  Monday was a work from home day.  I actually forgot to take a photo, so I recreated it this morning to make sure I got my photo in!


This was a comfy, layered outfit fit for the variable spring weather we're having.  I really like all the blues going on.  The shoes match the shirt, the jeans match the scarf, which also picks up a bit of the ivory in the cardigan and the lighter blue.  It's just on the verge of being too matchy-matchy, but in a good way.

Today is day 10 (woo hoo, I made it!), so stay tuned tomorrow for a summary of the last two days, and Friday I'll wrap it up with lessons learned, which, spoiler alert, surprised me a bit this time around.

Comments

STAshworth said…
That royal blue sure does love you!
McLaura said…
Thanks, Susan! I didn't realize how much of it was creeping into my closet until I did this challenge, and I really like it!

Popular Posts