#100daysofoutfitsketches - 1/100

Day 1 of my #100daysofoutfitsketches project down!  I had a lot of fun with it, and played with a few different ways of sketching it out.  First things first, the actual outfit:


Outfit notes:  I'm a sucker for a good stripe and matching, what can I say.  It was a comfy home outfit, but not particularly stylish.  The jeans in particular I'm on the fence about - in theory I love the color, but they maybe come across as mom jeans?  They also bag out a lot over the day, and no one wants a droopy butt.  Also, new sneakers!  I got rid of my old white leather sneakers (which were also Keds, like these), because the heel on one of them was really painful.  I had them for at least a year, and it just got worse, so adios, painful shoes!  I was looking for a good replacement, as white leather sneakers have pretty much been a staple in my wardrobe for several years, but I was actually drawn to this pair instead, which are pale grey canvas and suede.  The reason I love white leather sneakers is that they stay clean and nice looking so much longer than canvas, but last year I bought some socks this color, and they really stay new looking, so I gave it a try with the sneakers too!  I still need to treat them, because suede, but I'm hoping they will hide dirt/grime well.  

Anyway, back to the sketch project!  For my first version, I am keeping a notebook of just straight-up drawing my photo.  Not the most original way of doing it, but it helps with my goal of getting more accurate in my drawings (much easier to stare at a photo and compare to my drawing than making it up in my head).  My proportions aren't perfect, but not too shabby.  One thing that I really suck at is drawing shoes head on - for some reason they always look like Minnie Mouse to me (really wide feet).  I'll be working on that one.  I also attempted a face, but it was not good, so my eraser came out.  I might work on that later, but I kinda like my half-heads.


When I was growing up, I loved paper dolls.  The picture from my project intro post came from a stalled project I started a few weeks ago where I intended to draw out all my wardrobe so I could mix and max and have a personal Laura paper doll.  I managed to do the four pieces and then I lost steam, but I thought I could do the same thing with my outfit sketches, and instead just add to my collection what I wear each day.  I tried a few different ways of laying out the pieces - any favorites?






Comments

Popular Posts