10x10 challenge - day 4

I hesitated to include yesterday in the challenge, as I literally left the house only once, to go get the trash can off the sidewalk, but I figured, hey, I did wear challenge clothes, so let's throw it in there.  A lot of my life is days like this, so it works!  I definitely did not get too creative though, in part because it was close to 70 degrees out, and most of my challenge clothes didn't work.


Outfit Details: 
J.Crew white tee (new/online), Madewell jeans (new/thrifted)

Initial Thoughts: 
This is about as basic as you can get, and overall is not a bad look, but not one of my favorites.  I think the major thing contributing to it is the fit of the tee.  I bought this tee in both black and white, and I feel like I've had it before, but the fit is not quite right.  I probably should have gone up a size to avoid all the horizontal wrinkles.  Another thing that bothers me is that I hang it up in my closet, but the shoulders get weird and don't relax once I put it on.  I was mostly intending it as a base layer under other things, so I think it's probably best to leave it in that category, rather than a stand-alone piece.

Style Notes:
Hmmm...what can I say here?  I rolled my jeans, that counts, right?  One thing I did do differently that I haven't done in a while is leave my bangs down.  I'm in a bit of a hair rut, and want to grow it out, but it's in the midst of the really painful stage where my bangs are having an existentialist crisis.  My hair kind of has a life of its own - it's super thick and it knows what it wants to do, which is take over the world (or my head), so I've been taming it via barrettes.  It's funny though, I'm always pleasantly surprised in the photos that it doesn't look at bad as it does in my head/the mirror.  Maybe I'm just less critical of photos?  I don't know, but it's been a good experience for me learning to chill a bit and do something different.  

Side note:  Anyone have any ideas on what to do with my hair?  My current idea is to grow it out to a one-length bob just under my ears, but that will take a while, as my hair grows super slow.  I also haven't dyed it in probably about 2 years at this point, but I'm getting the itch bad.  One the reasons I've been holding out is that I've accepted that I should be a grown up and leave the dying to professionals, and I haven't found a place I really like yet or figured out what I want exactly.  I think my days of bleach blond are behind me (again, with the whole grown up thing), but beyond that, I'm pretty open!

Comments

Popular Posts