10x10 challenge - day 9

We've come to day 9 of the 10x10 challenge (read here if you have no idea what I'm talking about)!  I actually decided to cut it short at 9 days instead of 10, since I really did run out of ideas, but I'm happy with how far I made it, and I definitely had some take-aways.  Day 9 fell on last Friday, which was an office day for me.


Outfit Details:
J.Crew white tee (new/online), wool long vest (old, me made), Born tall boots (old/online), silver belt (old/Macy's), black/silver watch (really old/Target), tiny silver hoops (old/Sundance)

Initial Thoughts:
I was excited to wear my vest as I originally wore it (as a dress), as I hadn't done that in quite a while and wanted to show its versatility.  It wasn't a bad idea, except for one thing.  It was a bit warmer that day, so I thought I would just wear knee-high socks instead of tights.  I don't know how I used to do it before, but let's just say it works when I'm standing still, not so well when walking around.  I had to spend a decent amount of my day walking around holding my skirt closed.  Oops.  If I would have been in tights, it wouldn't have been as big a deal, but live and learn.

Style Notes:
I wore the vest as a dress by belting it closed, but bad idea.  Simple jewelry and a tonal belt keep it sleek and simple, which are things I do like about this outfit.

Stay  tuned for a wrap-up post, where I will share everything I learned!


Comments

Popular Posts