A year of outfits - the first four days

I've decided to get back into my daily outfit postings, and I've actually taken pictures all four days so far this year, but haven't gotten them up yet, so today is a catch-up!  Nothing too exciting, as it's mostly just been hanging out at home clothes, but a good look at my hibernation style, since I've decided to post it all - the good, the bad, and the boring.

Sunday, Jan 1 - Church

Outfit Details:  Calvin Klein brown wrap sweater (old/I think thrifted), Madewell jeans (new/thrifted), Sam Edelman brown "suede" boots (new/TJ Maxx)

One thing I've finally accepted is that my body is really bad at moderating it's own temperature, so thick sweaters (that aren't cardigans) are tricky for me, as I just get really hot too easily.  This sweater is a great compromise, because it's on the thinner side, but is really wide, so there is a lot of fabric I can cuddle up in if I need to.  It also has a wrap front, so it has air flow.  Madewell is my go-to jeans brand now, and I just got three new-to-me pairs from Thredup.  It's great to find a brand that fits well, and it makes it a lot easier to buy them online (both I know the fit will work, and it's really easy to filter out the jeans by size/brand and just look at the few that show up).  A final note about this outfit - I very rarely wear brown, especially not a cool-toned brown, but I've come to realize I think it actually looks good on me (more so than the caramel/tan brown I typically wear).  It's basically a softer version of the black that I wear every other day. :)

  Monday, Jan 2 - Stayed at home

Outfit Details:  Merona black long-sleeve tee (old/Target), Madewell jeans (new/thrifted), Guatemalan hand-woven scarf (last year/Guatemala), Birkenstock clogs (old/Amazon)

Nothing too exciting to say here.  This is a classic easy stay-at-home outfit.  

Tuesday, Jan 3 - Worked at home

Outfit Details:  Liz Claibourne striped tunic (old/JC Penny), Joe's Jeans jeans (oldish, Rue La La)

Another basic outfit.  Joe's Jeans is my other brand that I love, and this was another case of me ordering a similar pair online to what I already owned, so I knew they would work.

Wednesday, Jan 4 - Worked from home, met with friends

Outfit Details:  J. Crew navy/tan striped turtleneck (new/online), Madewell jeans (new/thrifted), Saucony navy sneakers (old/Zappos?)

A few years ago I banned drop shoulders from my wardrobe, but I'm slowly adding them back in, as I realized it's really the drop shoulder + loose sleeves combo I don't like.  I think a set-in sleeve does look better on me in general, but if the sleeves are tight, I can get away with the drop shoulder.  It's all a matter of knowing the specifics of what isn't working.

Comments

Popular Posts