I really need to start adding some color in my wardrobe...10/13/14

Finally caught up in posting!  Today's outfit is yet again, primarily black.  I know it's probably too intense for me and I should stay away from it, but I am a very messy person, frequently spilling things on myself, so it's more of a practical matter. :)  I designed and sewed this vest last year, and I vacillate between loving it and feeling like it makes me look weird.  But there are few me-made items that actually make their way into my permanent wardrobe (I'm still learning!), so the fact it is still there means something, I guess.



What I wore:
  • black long-sleeve tee
  • black skinny pants
  • black/white tweedy vest
  • tall black flat boots
  • silver flat hoops (I realized I wasn't wearing jewelry after I took the photos)
  • long silver drop necklace
  • pearl/silver ring
Where I went:
  • work
How I felt:
  • comfy, but a little too casual
What would have made it better:
  • I think the vest looks more work appropriate with my black pencil skirt.
Rating:  
  • 7

Comments

Susan Ashworth said…
I love the vest - very impressive. I think black is fine on you, compatible with your dark hair.

Popular Posts