Friday, October 24, 2014

Adding in something new

I've decided it's too annoying to keep two blogs up and running, so I'm going to add in some other topics to this blog.  I love trying new things and samples, so maybe a year and a half ago I subscribed to Birch Box, which if you haven't heard of it is a monthly service where you pay $10 and then send you a box every month with random goodies in the health and beauty category.  I did that for a year or so, but it got a bit repetitive, and I mostly just liked the boxes the things came in.  I decided to switch it up and try a different service, since there are several now.  I'm using Ipsy, which is basically the same thing, but I find their website confusing.  Instead of a box though, the monthly samples come in a different zipper pouch every month, and we all know how I feel about bags (I love them, in case you didn't know).


I haven't tried out much from this month's bag (I'm always behind), but I did take this nice little hand cream into work today, and I love it.  Mostly because it's an adorable tube and it makes me happy to look at it, but it also works really well.  It's a little watery, but soaks in immediately and doesn't have a strong smell (important if you want to be a considerate work colleague).  Be forewarned though, it's not cheap.  I received the full size version in my bag, but it's small, and it's $7.


No comments: