Grey and Black - 11/10/14

I've been going back and forth about how I feel about this dress.  I made it maybe a year ago, and it was not intended to be a dress. It was actually a jacket pattern, and I didn't have enough fabric for sleeves, so I made it a vest.  It was so long though, I always wear it as a dress, and the belt is the only thing holding it together.  Unfortunately though, it's not intended to be wrapped like that, and there are no darts in the back so it has some unattractive shaping.  I think I'm going to just shorten it and actually wear it as a vest - what do you think?




What I wore:
  • black long-sleeve tee
  • grey wool wrap dress
  • tall flat black boots 
  • flat silver hoops
  • large silver twist ring
  • black/silver watch
Where I went:
  • work
How I felt:
  • not quite polished due to the fit
What would have made it better:
  • fixing the fit
Rating:  
  • 6

Comments

Susan Ashworth said…
Now I'm not seeing the rear view, but I like it. Nice fabric, waist definition, pretty belt.

It might do well as a vest. I've been into vests lately. Aren't they perfect? Not too hot, not too cold . . .
Laura said…
Thanks, Susan! I do go back and forth, because I do think it looks nice from the front, but as the day goes on, it just gets kind of sloppy looking. I could add darts in the back, which would help a lot, so I'm still wavering. :)


Vests are amazing, though! My new office is a lot warmer than my old one, and vests are the key piece for me feeling dressier but not super hot.
Sassy T said…
I like it Laura!

SSB https://facebook.com/sassysewingbees

Popular Posts