Sewing Plans

Last night I decided my sewing studio (is it really pretentious to call the attic my sewing studio?) had just gotten way too messy, so I sorted through the piles of fabric on the floor that I threw there in my mad dash to try and come up with a costume last week.  It is seriously ridiculous how much fabric I have.  My project list has 42 items on it, and that's not all, folks.  Anyway, I'm slightly more organized now, and ready to dive in.  I bought this lovely purple herringbone wool a while ago from Mood, and have grand plans for it.


I've had at least one of these photos saved in my inspiration files for a while now, and I think it would look fabulous in the purple:

  

Now here's the rub - I'm positive I've seen a vintage pattern for something like this somewhere, but I can't find it.  It wouldn't be that difficult to draft my own (as is my typical fashion), but I'm trying to be better about learning how to properly sew and not just make up my own way, and patterns are really useful when it comes to that sort of thing.  Anyone ever seen a pattern like this before?  What do you think, is it a fun shirt, or just a little crazy?




Comments

Popular Posts