All About the Shoes - 9/24/14

So, despite the fact you can't really see them in this photo, this outfit is all about the shoes.  I bought them on clearance at TJ Maxx a month or two ago, and had no idea where I would wear them, but they are fabulous.  Shiny silver wingtip oxfords.  Need I say more.  Random strangers have already complimented me on them, which is almost as good as my male engineer co-workers commenting on my shoes (it takes a lot for them to notice shoes, primarily 5" heels).


What I wore:
  • magenta knit tank top
  • white cardigan
  • grey trousers
  • magenta/grey shawl
  • wide silver belt
  • shiny silver oxfords
  • silver flat hoops
Where I went:
  • work
How I felt:
  • Overall, a little too matchy-matchy and sloppy.  I added the belt because the proportions were off without it, but it definitely added to the matchy-ness.  
What would have made it better:
  • Less matchy-matchy, and a more tailored shirt.  Also, I think the shoes would look better with skinnier pants.
Rating:  
  • 8

Comments

Popular Posts